Robinson Nature Center
Robinson Nature Center is an environmental education and nature center in Columbia. Located next to the historic Simpson Mill and more than 1,000 acres of land, this museum offers educational, nature-themed exhibits and a digital planetarium, dubbed the "nature sphere," that shows projected star constellations and movies. The museum's 25,000 square-foot, environmentally sustainable building is also a Platinum LEED-certified structure.
The center's mission is to further the enjoyment and understanding of natural resources and to create a bridge between people and nature. It focuses on experience-based education to promote sound environmental awareness.
- Hours: General Hours of Operation are Wednesday - Saturday from 9AM - 5PM and Sunday from Noon to 5PM. The center is closed on Monday and Tuesday. The center is open some evenings for special programs.
- Founding Date: September 10, 2011
- Parking: Free lot, On-street: free
- Senior discounts: Yes
- Gift shop: Yes
- Gift shop hours: Wednesday - Saturday between 9 AM and 5 PM; Sunday between Noon and 5 PM
- Cameras allowed?: Yes
- Membership levels: Family, Individual