Patch is running a contest over the next week in which readers nominate an environmental nonprofit and the winning organization will receive a $500 donation to an environmental charity.
Your role is simple: leave a comment below, nominating an organization you want to see receive the money.
Then, on April 30, we'll pick a comment at random and the organization gets a check. There is one shot per commenter but other commenters who support the group are welcome — so the more comments an organization receives, the better chance it has at winning. If you know of a worthy nonprofit, have it mobilize its supporters to leave comments.
One of Patch's founding principles was that people are interested in helping their communities through volunteering, and this is an expression of that principle. (If you're interested in blogging on your hometown site, click the "start a blog" link and start writing about your interests.)
This contest is being run on all Patch sites in Maryland, so your nomination will be competing against Patch readers from across the state.
If you click "Follow comments" at the end of this article, you can keep abreast of the nominations. If you sign up for a newsletter subscription (top right of the home page), you'll know first thing that your group won.
- Open to legal residents of the 50 United States, and the District of Columbia who are 18 and older.
- To enter, leave a comment below, nominating an environmental charity (501(c)(3) organization) you would like to see receive the donation from Patch.
- All entries must be received by April 30, 2012, at 9 a.m. Eastern Time.
- You may enter once.
- One (1) winner will be selected in a random drawing.
- One Grand Prize Winning environmental charity will receive a $500 donation from Patch.
- for complete Official Rules.