News Alert
Traffic Alert: Crash on I-95 Causing Major…

Howard County Receives More Than $430K for Pothole Repairs

The county will receive the eighth highest amount of 24 jurisdictions in Maryland.

Gov. Martin O’Malley announced this week that Maryland allocated $10 million total to fix potholes and repair roadways damaged by this year’s brutal winter weather. 

State funds will be distributed over the next few weeks from Maryland’s Transportation Trust Fund, O'Malley said, split among the 24 jurisdictions as follows, based on the number of roadway miles maintained by each local government:

  • Baltimore County—$1,150.721 for 2,672.37 miles of road maintained
  • Montgomery County—$992,145 for 2,304.1 miles of road maintained
  • Baltimore City—$818,461 for 1,901 miles of road maintained
  • Prince George's County—$784,809 for 1,822.595 miles of road maintained
  • Anne Arundel County—$760,635 for 1,766.456 miles of roads maintained
  • Frederick County—$554,274 for 1,287.215 miles of road maintained
  • Harford County—$452,769 for 1,051.486 miles of road maintained
  • Howard County—$434,915 for 1,010.023 miles of road maintained
  • Carroll County—$421,893 for 979,780 miles of road maintained
  • Washington County—$360,681 for 837,624 miles of road maintained

See the complete list of all 24 jurisdictions and their allocations here.

Where are the worst potholes in Howard County? Tell us in the comments!

To participate in the one-time transportation grant program, county governments and Baltimore City had to apply for the funding by April 23 and agree to use their grants solely for repairs to local roads damaged by the recent winter weather, according to a statement from O'Malley.

Jack Guarneri April 28, 2014 at 12:32 PM
For Howard County Public Works/Highways maintained roads: Below is information on how to best identify damage to Howard County or State maintained roads in HC: Internet: http://seeclickfix.com/md_howard-county Note: Public Works tries to post response to most comments posted - make sure you localize where damage is as well as possible Alternative ways to report: E-mail: highways@howardcountymd.gov Phone: (410)313-7450 For State Roads - Maryland State Highway Administration (SHA) maintained roads (includes all numbered roads Rt 29/32/94/97/99/108 etc. and overpasses over those roads – like Triadelphia overpass over Rt 32): Internet: http://marylandsha.force.com/customercare/request_for_service


More »
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Note Article
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something
See more »