The Downtown Columbia Plan received its second award in less than a month for the plan's vision and collaborative planning efforts to revitalize Downtown Columbia.
The planner's choice award in the great planning category was awarded to the Downtown Columbia Plan by the MD chapter of the American Planning Association at its regional conference held last week.
"This recognition illustrates how The Downtown Columbia Master Plan, and the entire planning process, embodies many of the core principles that will lead to creating a community of lasting value," said County Executive Ken Ulman, in a statement.
The plan was chosen from entries submitted across the state.
At the end of last month, the plan received a merit award from the International Downtown Association.
- An Aging Columbia Population Prompts Leaders to Look Ahead
- Howard Hughes Purchases 70 Corporate Center in Downtown
- Speak Out: Should Symphony Woods Redevelopment Plans Be Delayed?
- Photo: Columbia Connecting Path to Start Construction Soon
- Downtown Columbia Wins Planning Award
- $4 Million in Improvements Coming to Clyde's
- Renowned Architect Frank Gehry Visits Columbia