The announced it would be allowing all Howard County residents still without power to use its outdoor pools free of charge on Saturday and Sunday.
Pools are open from noon to 7 p.m.
Howard County residents interested in utilizing this opportunity can check the CA aquatics website to find a pool closest to them.
Also, The Supreme Sports Club is still without power and therefore will remain closed today, July 1.
Howard County government has also listed a number of cooling centers on its Facebook page residents can use if they want to escape the heat:
- Meadowbrook Athletic Complex, 5001 Meadowbrook Lane, Ellicott City, MD 21043, 410-313-1161, Weekend Hours of Operation: Saturday and Sunday, 7 am-10 pm
- Gary J. Arthur Comm. Ctr., 2400 Rt. 97, Cooksville, MD 21723, 410-313-4840, Weekend Hours of Operation: Saturday, 7 am-9 pm and Sunday, 9 am-6 pm, Sunday
Howard County Library Branches:
- Central Branch, 10375 Little Patuxent Parkway, Columbia, MD 21044, 410-313-7800, Weekend Hours of Operation: Sat. 10 am-6 pm and Sun., 1-5 pm
- East Columbia Branch, 6600 Cradlerock Way, Columbia, MD 21045, 410-313-7700, Saturday Hours of Operation: 10 am-6 pm
- Elkridge Branch, 6540 Washington Boulevard, Elkridge, MD 21075, 410-313-5077, Saturday Hours of Operation: 10 am-6 pm
- Glenwood Branch, 2350 State Route 97, Cooksville, MD 21723, 410-313-5577, Saturday Hours of Operation: 10 am-6 pm
- Savage Branch, 9525 Durness Lane, Laurel, MD 20723, 410-880-5975, Saturday Hours of Operation: 10 am-6 pm