.

Wegmans Evacuated after Small Kitchen Fire

No injuries were reported, and the Columbia store has been re-opened.

 

was briefly evacuated around 11:30 a.m. Friday morning after a small kitchen fire broke out inside the store, according to the Howard County Department of Fire and Rescue Services.

Fire officials said they responded to a call for smoke in the café kitchen at Wegmans, , just after 11:30 a.m., and that by then, customers had already evacuated the store.  Preliminary information indicated it was a grease fire and there were no injuries reported, according to fire officials.

Wegmans tweeted to Patch at 11:50 a.m., “Small fire in the kitchen, extinguished right away. Evacuated as a precaution. Everyone’s safe & back in the store shopping.”

Boards

More »
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Note Article
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something
See more »