was briefly evacuated around 11:30 a.m. Friday morning after a small kitchen fire broke out inside the store, according to the Howard County Department of Fire and Rescue Services.
Fire officials said they responded to a call for smoke in the café kitchen at Wegmans, , just after 11:30 a.m., and that by then, customers had already evacuated the store. Preliminary information indicated it was a grease fire and there were no injuries reported, according to fire officials.
Wegmans tweeted to Patch at 11:50 a.m., “Small fire in the kitchen, extinguished right away. Evacuated as a precaution. Everyone’s safe & back in the store shopping.”