Howard County Police March 2 charged a Temple Hills man in 11 burglaries throughout Howard County, nine of which occurred in Columbia.
Lamar Ali Carroll, 37, of 28th Avenue in Temple Hills, was charged with first, third, and fourth-degree burglary and theft charges, according to Howard County police.
Carroll was arrested on Feb. 28 after Howard County police observed a suspect committing possible burglary in Montgomery County, according to police. Police were monitoring Caroll after identifying him as a suspect in multiple burglaries in Howard County.
Police arrested Carroll after a brief vehicle pursuit involving Montgomery County, Howard County and Maryland State Police. He is being held in the Montgomery Detention Center on $75,000 bond, reported police. On Friday, he was charged in the following crimes by Howard County Police:
- A Jan. 4 burglary in the 8800 block of Shining Oceans Way in Columbia
- A Jan. 4 burglary in the 10400 block of Swift Stream Place in Columbia
- A Jan. 5 burglary in the 5600 block of Columbia Road in Columbia
- A Jan. 5 burglary in the 5400 block of Columbia Road in Columbia
- A Jan. 5 burglary in the 4900 block of Columbia Road in Columbia
- A Jan. 5 burglary in the 4900 block of Dorsey Hall Drive in Columbia
- Three Jan. 17 burglaries in the 10300 block of Swift Stream Place in Columbia
- Two Jan. 5 burglaries in the 6800 block of Old Waterloo Road in Elkridge
Howard County Police reported the total value of property stolen in these cases is estimated at $40,000. Carroll is still being investigated as a possible suspect in other burglaries.
The news comes in the wake of a string of robberies . Police are investigating those cases.