Police are investigating the possibility that two robberies near Swift Stream Place in the past two days may be related.
The latest robbery took place late on Oct. 22 as a man was walking his dog on a footpath between the 10300 block of Swift Stream Place and Little Patuxent Parkway between 12:30 and 1:30 a.m. when he was reportedly robbed by three men, according to police.
The suspects allegedly knocked the man to the ground, kicked and punched him, then stole his wallet, cigarettes and a lighter, according to police.
Police described the suspects in the following ways:
- Suspect 1: Black male, 5-foot-6-inches, early 20s, clean shaven with close cropped hair, baggy clothing with a black leather jacket, light colored blue jeans and white shoes.
- Suspect 2: Black male, 6-foot-1-inch, mid to late 30s, short beard, with close cropped hair, wearing a white printed t-shirt, dark jeans and black shoes
- Suspect 3: Black male, 6-foot-1-inch, mid to late 30s, short hair similar to an afro, clean shave with freckles.
The robbery comes two days after a robbery on the Route 29 footbridge in which a woman was approached on the caged-in bridge by two men, according to police. Police reported in that instance the two men tried to steal her purse, but when she didn't let go, one of the suspects reached into her pocket and stole her iPhone.
In that case, police described the suspects as three men, despite only two approaching the women, in their early 20s with thin builds. The men were medium height and all wearing dark-colored clothes. Police say the suspects ran toward Stevens Forest Apartments.
Police also believe the men who reportedly robbed the woman may have been attempting to break into apartments at 10300 Swift Stream Place by turning doorknobs along the hallway inside the building.
Patch previously investigated crime at Swift Stream Place after a string of break-ins earlier this summer. Residents of the apartment building asked for more cameras and safety precautions at the time.
- Robbers Strike on Route 29 Footbridge: Crime Roundup
- Man Charged in String of Purse Snatchings
- Two Pizza Delivery Driver Robberies on Same Columbia Street Within Days of Each Other: Howard County Crime Roundup