.

Fire Officials: Wilde Lake High School Evacuated

The school was evacuated as a precaution.

Wilde Lake High School (Credit: Andrew Metcalf)
Wilde Lake High School (Credit: Andrew Metcalf)
Students were evacuated and first responders were called to Wilde Lake High School Friday afternoon due to an electrical issue, according to the Howard County Department of Fire and Rescue Services.

The fire department said that its personnel were investigating a small electrical fire in the ceiling of the school, in a report at 1:50 p.m. Friday.

By 2:20 p.m., fire officials reported the cause was determined to be an overheated motor in the HVAC unit in the school's lobby. 

As crews checked the HVAC system, students and staff were evacuated, according to the report. Officials said school would dismiss on time. Fire crews were clearing the scene around 2:20 p.m., officials said.

On Thursday, Northfield Elementary School in Ellicott City was evacuated due to an HVAC issue as well.

Boards

More »
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Note Article
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something
See more »