The Care for the Caregiver Support Group...
- provides information and peer counseling for anyone in contact with an adult with any kind of cognitive or communication disorder.
- is facilitated by a speech pathology and pastoral counseling graduate students
- offers individual and group treatment for the person with a communication disorder, if requested
- receive training in multimodal communication techniques including communication aids and training in supported conversation.
- share tips and techniques that have worked for them and share concerns in a supported, caring environment.
- have the opportunity to share information, gain support from others, and learn strategies for relieving stress