Each week, Patch puts together a list of local activities and events going on in your area this weekend. Check back weekly and tell us in the comments if you know of any additional activities coming up.
To submit an event in the Patch events calendar, click on “Events” at the top of the page and then click on the green "Add an event" button on the right side of the page.
- Where: 7271 Eden Brook Drive, Columbia
- When: Saturday, Dec. 8, 10:30 a.m. – 8:30 p.m.
- Description: Annual Christmas Bazaar featuring gifts, foods, Christmas carolers and more. Salmon dinner available 5 p.m. – 8:30 p.m.
- Cost: $20
- Where: Turf Valley, 2700 Turf Valley Rd., Ellicott City
- When: Sunday, Dec. 9, Dec. 16, Dec. 23
- Description: Alexandra’s Restaurant sponsors a brunch buffet with kid-friendly fare and time with Santa.
- Cost: Kids under 4: Free / Kids 4-12: $15.95 / Adults: $30.95
Holiday Drop 'n Shop: A Christmas Story
- Where: The Pottery Stop and Coffee Shop, 9050 Baltimore National Pike, Ellicott City
- When: Friday, Dec. 7, 6 p.m.
- Description: Kids night out includes a pottery piece, materials, instruction, firing, pizza and a drink. For reservations email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cost: $25
Singles Holiday Dinner Dance
- Where: 8165 Cyprus Cedar Ln, Ellicott City
- When: Saturday, Dec. 8, 7 p.m.
- Description: Dinner, DJ and dancing for singles age 40+. Details at www.firstplacesingles.org.
- Cost: $15
Holiday Cupcakes and Cheer
- Where: Cypress Cove, 9090 Frederick Rd, Ellicott City
- When: Saturday, Dec. 8, 3 p.m.
- Description: Prizes, discounts and holiday gifts.
- Cost: Free
Breakfast with Santa
- Where: Our Lady of Perpetual Help Catholic School, 4801 Ilchester Rd,Ellicott City
- When: Sunday, Dec. 9, 8 a.m.
- Description: Hot breakfast buffet, photos with Santa, Secret Santa Shop for kids, raffle trees, personalized ornaments, kids crafts and more.
- Cost: Kids 3 and Under: Free / Kids 3-12: $5 / Adults: $10
- Where: B&O Railroad Museum: Ellicott City Station, 2711 Maryland Ave., Ellicott City
- When: Friday, Nov. 23 – Sunday, Jan. 27, 11 a.m. – 4 p.m.
- Description: B&O Railroad museum's annual holiday celebration of toy trains and model railroading. New this year is a custom built 360 degree LEGO model train layout created by The Washington D.C. Metropolitan Area LEGO Train Club.
- Cost: $16 (50% off admission for new, unwrapped toys for donation to Toys for Tots)