UPDATE: 12:20 p.m. - NBC4 is reporting the man may be from Chillum, MD.
In a strange local connection, a man in Maryland might be the owner of the winning Powerball ticket sold in Arizona.
According to a CBS report, footage recorded inside an Upper Marlboro gas station may have caught the winner checking his Powerball ticket for the first time, discovering it's a winner and then showing it off to co-workers and store employees.
In the video, the man, dressed in a neon-yellow jumpsuit, walks into the gas station examines the ticket and becomes visibly surprised and excited.
CBS News caught up with some of the people in the store that day who looked at the ticket and they told the news organization that the man did in fact have the winning numbers. The man reportedly told them he bought the ticket in Arizona.
If so, he'd be splitting the more than $550 million jackpot with a Missouri winner.
See More on Patch
Most Popular articles
- 10 Ways to Fend Off Stink Bugs
- Tesla Model S Arrives in Columbia
- Court Docs Shed Light on Slain Blogger's Relationship with Daughter
- Man Shot and Killed Early Thursday Morning in Columbia
- Top News: Third Homicide in Two Weeks, Cricket Field Opens and No Bail for Dennis Lane's Daughter, Her Boyfriend