Last week's announcement that Whole Foods has signed a lease at the former Rouse building in Town Center was called, "The worst kept secret in Howard County," by Howard Hughes Vice President John DeWolf.
But what isn't a secret is the competitive market it will be entering. While development is expected in downtown Columbia that will likely increase the food market, there already are 15 groceries within or close to Columbia.
There's the newly opened Wegmans off of Snowden River. Across from it is a BJ's Wholesale Club. Just across the Columbia/ Elkridge border is Trader Joe's and Costco. There are three Giant's in the city, a Food Lion and the Harper's Choice Safeway.
With all the options in the Columbia area, do you find yourself going to the closest grocery store or do you have a particular favorite?
See More on Patch
Most Popular articles
- 10 Ways to Fend Off Stink Bugs
- Tesla Model S Arrives in Columbia
- Court Docs Shed Light on Slain Blogger's Relationship with Daughter
- Man Shot and Killed Early Thursday Morning in Columbia
- Top News: Third Homicide in Two Weeks, Cricket Field Opens and No Bail for Dennis Lane's Daughter, Her Boyfriend