Patrons of local libraries and public places around Columbia may find the scenery a little more aesthetically pleasing these days. Structures approved by the Howard County Arts Council have been installed in several locations across Columbia and Howard County.
The installations are part of ARTsites, a year-long public art project celebrating 30 years of the Howard County Arts Council.
HCAC anticipates putting the following 12 sculptures around the county:
- Daddy Longlegs by John Parker – Howard County Government, George Howard Building
- The Cycle by Hanna Jubran – Howard Community College, Horowitz Arts Center
- Swallowtail by John Parker – Howard County General Hospital
- A Carpenter’s Dream by Kevin Vanek – Corporate Office Properties Trust
- Ringii by John Parker – Corporate Office Properties Trust
- Temple Bell by Ed Kidera – Kinkade, LLC, 10211 Wincopin Circle
- Rotors by Paul Daniel – North Laurel Community Center
- Summer Tree by Sam Noto – Gary J. Arthur Community Center
- Homage to Pi by Glenn Zweygardt – Howard County Library, Central Branch
- Prism Arc by Carl Billingsley – Howard County Library, East Columbia Branch
- Pink Rabbit by David Friedheim and Trisha Kyner – Howard County Library, Elkridge Branch
- Eat the Rain by Andrew Yff – Howard County Library, Glenwood Branch