Five Things to Know: Aug. 16
A Powerball winner, no more tax returns for Romney, perfection and the County Exec in Ocean City.
1. Powerball: Hoping you won the $320 million jackpot? Doubtful. The single winning ticket was sold in Michigan. The winning numbers were 6, 27, 46, 51, 56 and the red Powerball, 21.
2. Romney's Tax Returns - Ann Romney said on Rock Center that her husband Mitt would not release any more tax returns, besides the two years he has already released. She said releasing more would give opponents "more ammunition" but also said "there's nothing to hide," according to the Washington Post.
3. Featured Blog - Ken Ulman "Kicking off the campaign in Ocean City" - Ulman has been all over the state lately, although he hasn't officially declared his candidacy for governor in 2014. On Tuesday, he was in Ocean City, "standing in a packed room full of homemade desserts and dozens of the lower shore’s most loyal democrats" as the Dems opened a campaign office there.
4. Weather - Sunny, high of 88.
5. Perfection - Baseball's 23rd perfect game was tossed last night by Felix Hernandez of the Seattle Mariners. Interestingly enough it's the third perfect game this year. Are the pitchers getting better or the batters worse?