Five Things to Know About Columbia, 8/23
Police release cause of death in train derailment, a restaurant is getting renovated in Columbia, and we have a suggestion for your weekend plans.
1) Weather: Clear and sunny today with a high of 89 in the afternoon.
2) What You’re Reading: Our most-read stories this week in Howard County have revolved around the tragedy where two women died in a train derailment incident in Ellicott City. We have the most recent news on the official cause of death here.
3) You tell us: I remember watching other cars wobble in the road during the earthquake that happened one year ago today. What do you remember? Tell us here.
4) Your weekend plans: Thinking about firming up weekend plans? Howard County bloggers are organizing a Main Street Appreciation Night. As Howard County bloggers point out, businesses are open in downtown Ellicott City, so why not support them now?
5) Clyde’s Speaking of businesses, Clyde’s in downtown Columbia is about to get a renovation, starting in January. Keep in mind: the business will be closed for a while during the process.
Have a story idea for Columbia Patch? You can get your voice heard by emailing me at email@example.com, posting your thoughts to our Local Voices section by clicking here, or talking to us on Facebook or Twitter.