Dear Johns: Police Arrest 15 in Reverse Prostitution Sting
Seventy-six men have now been arrested this year in six such stings in Howard County.
Fifteen men were arrested Friday and charged with solicitation of prostitution following the Howard County Police Department's sixth reverse prostitution operation this year.
For five hours, female undercover officers in plain clothes worked in target areas along the U.S. 1 corridor in Laurel chosen because of citizen complaints . The men arrested had allegedly approached the female officers and offered money for sex.
The following suspects were arrested and charged with solicitation of prostitution, according to the Howard County Police Department:
- Hugo Alvizures-Gramajo, 37, of Alexandria, Va.
- Enrique Claros-Lara, 30, of Laurel (also detained by U.S. Immigrations and Customs Enforcement for allegedly being in the country illegally)
- Carlos Hernan Estebos-Escobar, 27, of Laurel
- Antonio Garcia Jr., 59, of Humble, Texas
- William P. Garcia, 29, of Laurel
- Robert Earl Jackson, 53, of Dundalk
- Hassan Jameel Jones, 29, of Oklahoma City, Okla.
- Expunged, charges dropped by prosecution
- Nery Alexander Medrano-Yanez,24,of Laurel
- Michael S. Meyer, 34, of Glen Burnie
- George Alexander Ovalle, 52, of Jessup
- Theodore Asbury Pack Jr., 31, of Bowie
- Deepak Jashwantla Patel, 41, of Burtonsville
- Jonathan D. Rosen, 36, of Pasadena
- Joseph Lee Wilcox, 29, of Laurel
A total of 76 men have been arrested in six sting operations this year.
Howard County Police will continue to address prostitution and related criminal activity and encourage citizens to call (410) 313-STOP with tips and information.