Last Weekend for Symphony of Lights and More in Howard County this Weekend
Looking for something exciting to do this weekend? Check out some of the fun things going on around town.
Each week, Patch puts together a list of local activities and events going on in your area this weekend. Check back weekly and tell us in the comments if you know of any additional activities coming up.
To submit an event in the Columbia Patch events calendar, click on “Events” at the top of the page and then click on the green "Add an event" button on the right side of the page.
- Where: Symphony Woods, 5950 Symphony Woods Road, Columbia
- When: Friday, Jan. 4 – Sunday, Jan. 6, 6 – 10 p.m.
- Description: Howard County General Hospital presents its annual Symphony of Lights to benefit the hospital. Cars, vans and buses can take a 20-30 minute drive-through more than 70 larger-than-life, light creations illuminated by a fantasy of color, design and animation.
- Cost: $20
- Where: Robinson Nature Center, 6692 Cedar Ln, Columbia
- When: Friday, Jan. 4, 6:30 p.m.
- Description: Robinson Nature Center’s NatureSphere is a digital planetarium and dome-style movie theater.
- Cost: $6
- Where: Elkridge Volunteer Fire Department, 6275 Old Washington Rd, Elkridge
- When: Sunday, Jan. 6, 7:30 a.m.
- Description: Menu includes pancakes, eggs, bacon, sausage, home fries, baked apples, toast, chipped beef, sauage gravy, fruit salad, cold cereal, coffee, hot tea, milk and juices.
- Cost: $8
- Where: Howard County Library Elkridge Branch, 6540 Washington Blvd,Elkridge
- When: Saturday, Jan., 10:15 a.m. – 11:15 a.m.
- Description: Activities, stories, music and more for infants to age 23 months. All children must be accompanied by an adult.
- Cost: Free
- Where: US 1 Flea Market, 7540 Washington Blvd, Elkridge
- When: Saturday, Jan. 5, 8 a.m.
- Description: Indoor-Outdoor flea market includes everything from clothing to fowl.
- Cost: Free
- Where: Bethany United Methodist Church, 2875 Bethany Ln, Ellicott City
- When: Saturday, Jan. 5, 11:30 a.m.
- Description: The League of Women Voters of Howard County will host its annual luncheon with the County Delegation to the Maryland General Assembly.
- Cost: $15
- Where: PETCO, 10060 Baltimore National Pike, Ellicott City
- When: Saturday, Jan. 6, 2:30 p.m.
- Description: Participants are invited to meet and greet greyhounds and learn all about the breed.
- Cost: Free
- Where: B&O Railroad Museum: Ellicott City Station, 2711 Maryland Ave, Ellicott City
- When: Friday, Nov. 23 – Sunday, Jan. 27, 11 a.m. – 4 p.m.
- Description: B&O Railroad museum's annual holiday celebration of toy trains and model railroading. New this year is a custom built 360 degree LEGO model train layout created by The Washington D.C. Metropolitan Area LEGO Train Club.
- Cost: $16 (50% off admission for new, unwrapped toys for donation to Toys for Tots)